The 8th Batumi International Art-house Film Festival will be held in Batumi during September 15-22, 2013. Festival organizer – The Art House “Argani”, The official partner – Batumi City Hall.
At BIAFF beside competition sections will be presented films in non-competitions sections too. In this section there are a lot of interesting films, among them are master’s collection, music world, in which will be movies from past decades.
MEET THE JURY
- Araf-somewhere between, Yesim Ustaoglu, Turkey, 2012; 124 min.
- Machine that makes everything disappear, Tinatin Gurchiani, Georgia, 2013; 97 min.
- Winner, Wieslaw Saniewski, Poland/USA, 2011; 111 min.
- Ara Megobaro, Gio Mgeladze, Georgia, 1993; 25 min.
- Imago Mundi, Gio Mgeladze, Georgia, 2013; 10 min.
- Laguna Vere, Dato Ujmajuridze, Georgia, 2013; 25 min.
- Wine Cradle, Merab Kokochvili, Georgia; 2013 60 min.
- Best offer, Gueseppe Tornatore, Italy, 2013; 124 min.
- Eternal Homecoming, Kira Muatova, Ukraine, 2012; 114 min.
- Girl and the Death, Jos Stelling, Germany/Netherlands/Russia, 2012; 127 min
- Grandmaster, Wong Kar-wai, China/Hong Kong, 2013; 130 min.
- Great Beauty, Paolo Sorentino, Italy, 2013; 140 min.
- Pieta, Kim Ki Duk, Korea, 2012, 104 min.
- Walesa, Andrzej Wajda, Poland, 2013; 128 min.
- Young & Beautiful, Fransua Ozon, France, 2013, 95 min
FOCUS ON UK
- British Guide of Showing off, Jes Benstock, 2012; 98 min.
- Borrowed Time, Jules Bishop, 2012, UK, 86 min.
- Look of Love, Michael Winterbottom, UK, 2013
- Jimi Hendrix, Joe Boyd, USA, 1973; 98 min.
- Tonight Let’s make Love in London, Peter Whitehead, UK, 1973; 70 min.
- Dreams of Music Teacher, by Evgeny Gorin, Russia, 2013; 75 min.
Festival Sponsors – Batumi International Container Terminal, Hotel Radisson Blue Batumi, Georgian National Film Center, Ministry of Culture and Monuments of Georgia, Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of Ajara AR
Festival Supporters – British Council, Polish Audio-Visual Fund, Piazza INN hotel, Hotel “Vanilla”, Embassy of Italy, Embassy of Israel, French Institute, Cinema APOLO, HQ propaganda, Singular Group, Tour Company “Wonderland”, Caucasus University, “OUTDOOR.ge“
Festival General Media Partner – Georgian Public Broadcaster
Festival Media Partners – Radio Fortuna/Fortuna+, Palitra Media, Adjara TV, TV9,“Tbilisi OUT”, Newspaper “Georgia Today”, “Interpressnews” (www.ipn.ge), Publicity Group (www.publicity.ge), www.newswire.ge, Film New Europe (www.filmneweurope.com),www.wis.ge
Contact information: Tel: 599-482181, firstname.lastname@example.org
Screenings will be arranged in Cinema “Apollo”, Hotel Radisson’s conference hall(short films) and In Batumi boulevard Open air screening (after 20:30)
Accreditation-Festival’s official media partners, members of film studio, guests
Guests with accreditation can attend any screening or masterclass.
For accreditation contact us- email@example.com
Tickets-attendance will be for free, but it’s necessary to make a reservation, to avoid discomfort due to lack of places. Reservation can be made on our web page www.Biaff.org or in our info-center in “apollo”