BIAFFfestival continues cooperation with European Film Academy (EFA) which wasstarted in 2011 and during BIAFF festival in September 2015 will be presentedEFA’s short films program – SHORT MATTERS!
SHORTMATTERS! isthe European Film Academy’s short film tour which brings the short films nominatedfor the European Film Awards to a series of film festivals across Europe andbeyond to give as many audiences as possible the opportunity to watch thispanorama of young contemporary European filmmaking.
Thescreenings of best European short film from 2014 can now be seen inBatumi (Georgia) at Batumi International Art-House film Festival(BIAFF) which will be held during 13-20 September, 2013
SHORTMATTERS! Program at BIAFF 2015 consists of following short films:
1. A Town called panic: The Christmaslog, Vincent Patar, Stephane Aubier,Belgium/France 2014, 26’30 min.
2. Daily bread, Idan Hubel, Israel 2014,19’42 min.
3. Dinola, Mariam Khatchvani, Georgia2013, 14’38 min.
4. Emergency calls, Hannes Vartiainen, PekkaVeikkolainen, Finland 2013, 15 min.
5. Wall, Simon Szabó, Hungary 2013, 11min.
6. Little block of cement with dishevelledhair containing the sea, Jorge López Navarrete, Spain 2013, 16 min.
7. Pride, Pavel G. Vesnakov,Bulgaria/Germany 2013, 30 min.
8. Shipwreck, Morgan Knibbe, TheNetherlands 2014, 15 min.
9. Still got lives, Jan-Gerrit Seyler,Germany 2013, 23 min.
10. Summer 2014, Wojciech Sobczyk, Poland2014, 12 min.
11. Taprobana, Gabriel Abrantes, Portugal/SriLanka/Denmark 2014, 24 min.
12. The chicken, Una Gunjak, Germany/Croatia 2014, 15 min.
13. The Missing Scarf, Eoin Duffy, Ireland,2014, Colour, 7 min.
14. Whale Valley, Guðmundur Arnar Guðmundsson,Denmark/Iceland, 2013, Colour, 15 min.
Festival Sponsors – Batumi International ContainerTerminal, Hotel LEOGRAND, Hotel DivanSuites Batumi, Georgian National Film Center, Ministry of Education, Cultureand Sports of Ajara AR, Ministry of Culture of Georgia
Festival Supporters – British Council, Polish Audio-VisualFund, USA embassy, French Institute, Embassy of Italy, Cinema APOLLO, Transportcompany “Metro Georgia”, Tour-company “Interco”, Hotel Rcheuli, Hotel BatumiPlaza, Hotel Vanilla, Hotel Admiral, Cinema “Rustaveli”, festival “Tbilisi OpenAir”, HQ propaganda,
Festival General Media Partner – Georgian Public Broadcaster
Festival Media Partners – Radio Fortuna/Fortuna+, Palitra Media,Adjara TV, Newspaper “Georgia Today”, FILMPRINT, Publicity Group (www.publicity.ge), www.newswire.ge, Film New Europe (www.filmneweurope.com)
Contact information: Tel: 599-482181, email@example.com