BIAFF festival continues cooperation with European Film Academy (EFA) which was started in 2011 and during BIAFF festival in September 2015 will be presented EFA’s short films program – SHORT MATTERS!
SHORT MATTERS! is the European Film Academy’s short film tour which brings the short films nominated for the European Film Awards to a series of film festivals across Europe and beyond to give as many audiences as possible the opportunity to watch this panorama of young contemporary European filmmaking. The screenings of best European short film from 2015 can now be seen in Batumi (Georgia) at Batumi International Art-House film Festival (BIAFF) which will be held during 18-25 September, 2016 SHORT MATTERS! Program at BIAFF 2016 consists of following short films:
- Dissonance, Till Nowak, Germany 2015, 17 min.
- E.T.E.R.N.I.T., Giovanni Aloi, France 2015; 14 min.
- Field Study, Eva Weber, UK 2014, 20 min.
- Kung Fury, David Sandberg, Sweden 2015; 30 min.
- Listen, Hamy Ramezan & Rungano Nyoni, Denmark / Finland 2014; 13 min.
- Our Body, Dane Komljen, Serbia / Bosnia & Herzegovina 2015; 14 min.
- Over, Jörn Threlfall, UK 2015; 13 min.
- Picnic, Jure Pavlović, Croatia 2015; 13 min.
- Smile and the World Will Smile Back, Ehab Tarabieh, Yoav Gross & the al-Haddad family, Israel/Palestine 2014; 20 min.
- Son of the Wolf, Lola Quivoron, France 2015; 23 min.
- Symbolic Threats, Mischa Leinkauf, Lutz Henke & Matthias Wermke, Germany 2015; 15 min.
- The Runner, José Luis Montesinos, Spain 2014; 12 min.
- This Place We Call Our Home, Thora Lorentzen & Sybilla Tuxen, Denmark 2014, 30 min. Translator, Emre Kayiş, UK / Turkey 2014; 23 min.
- Washingtonia, Konstantina Kotzamani, Greece 2014; 24 min.
Festival Sponsors – Ministry of Culture of Georgia, Georgian National Film Center, Batumi International Container Terminal, Hotel Divan Suites Batumi
Festival Supporters – British Council, Polish Audio-Visual Fund, Cinema APOLLO, Hotel Rcheuli, Hotel Batumi Plaza, Hotel Admiral, Cinema “Rustaveli”, Tourism Department of Ajara AR, festival “Tbilisi Open Air”, HQ propaganda
Festival Media Partners – Radio Fortuna/Fortuna+, Adjara TV, Newspaper “Georgia Today”, FILMPRINT, Publicity Group (www.publicity.ge), www.newswire.ge, Film New Europe (www.filmneweurope.com), Newspaper BATUMELEBI, www.netgazeti.ge
Contact information: Tel: 599-482181, firstname.lastname@example.org www.biaff.org www.facebook.com/biaffbatumi www.biaffbatumi.wordpress.com